Star Trek Mod II is a mod for
Firaxis' Civilization 4 : Beyond The Swordexpansion (also
compatible with CIV4: Complete Edition). For help installing this mod, please see
In Star Trek Mod II you take control of one of the many Civilization of the Star Trek multiverse and must decide your place in the galaxy. Will you dominate the universe? Convert the barbaric races to your philosophy of life? Assimilate all whom you cross paths with? Or maybe you will simply transcend into beings of pure light... The choice is yours!
- Play Civilization 4 in the Star Trek Multiverse
- 100+ Unique Units
- 83 technologies
- 80 buildings
- 64 wonders
- 26 Different Civilizations
- 60 Playable Leaders
- Comprehensive Strategic Game Play
- Play from the Launch of the Zefram Cochrane Shuttle to the return of Voyager
You can claim territory and expand your borders by colonizing solar systems, invading solar systems, building space stations, or by spreading culture.
Current Stable Release: Beta 4g (version 0.405)
note: fewest bugs
Release Beta 3h (A fan favorite. more features, but still buggy)
Download from Sourceforge
- Fixed Critical Bug with Klingon star bases
- Reworked AI
- Changed up CIVs Game balance
- Fixed Repeating music Bug
- Federations ships Now Canon Sized to scale
- Some Promotion Changes
Beta 4d (Stardate 11.11.2012) —
- Converted over to Final Frontier Plus 1.81 as a base mod - this should fix any game wrecking bugs (like the no build bug) and has pretty map graphics!
- Completely rewritten AI (CvAI.py). This was a major pain but the game now FLIES! Slow downs are minimal to non-existent, even on slower machines.
- All Videos are now working including the Transcendence Project videos.
- All the other cool stuff you've come to know in the FFP mod.
- Borg now appears as some barbarian classes.
- A small change in the tech tree.
- Some Graphical and sound Improvements and added text.
- New Unique Units for Federation, Klingons, and Romulans.
What is not included:
- About 2/3rds of CIVS are not in this release and hense not their unique ships or buildings. Since I am going with a whole new system, I'm adding in the civs one at time, so you'll only have 7 civs to choose from in this release.
- Special Abilities such as cloaking device, Red Alert, and Assimilation are not yet up and running.
- Certain Promotions are not included in this release.
- Graphics and sound are "unpaked"
- * Star Trek "events" have not been added yet
It will probably be a few releases until the game is fully restored to it's previous design, but as I add each Civ, I am bringing them up to their full potential, which I've been meaning to do for a while now any way. I figured the most important priority was to fix the bugs and the speed issue so the game is at least playable all the way to the end.
Beta 3h —
- Transcendence Victory is now 'Spaceshipless'
- Transcendence Movies added
- some technology tree changes
- added tech quotes
Beta 3g —
- Transcendence Victory working
- Building Bug fixed
- Embassy/transwarp signal Bug fixed.
- Slave revolt removed due to unfixable bug.
- More Rouge Alien Attacks
Beta 3f — Movie Bug fixed
Beta 3e — includes patchfile
Beta 3d — All Borg issues resolved (fingers crossed)
- Borg planet building bug resolved
- Borg Viculum CRITICAL bug resolved
- Unique Buildings for the Borg completed.
- Unique Borg Units completed.
Beta 3c — 12 New Leaders, Fixed Planetary distress Beacon (game balance), Several other balance issues fixed, Borg Game play fixed, 10 new buildings, Victory Movies Fixed, Transcendence Victory now active (but not tested), Minor Graphical Changes (6/23/2012)
Beta 3b - First Public Beta (6/1/2012)
This Game is a MOD and requires that you own and have installed a copy of
"Civilization IV" and the "Beyond the Sword" expansion first!
Unzip or copy the folder "Star Trek II" to your CIV4: Beyond the Sword "mod" folder.
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
When you are done you should have a folder like this one:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Star Trek II
that contains all the MOD data
Start up Civ4: Beyond the sword. click "advanced". Click "load mod". Select "Star Trek II"
Create a short cut with the following target:
"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\ Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Star Trek II
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\ Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Star Trek II